Monday, July 23, 2012

Pin madness.

I have recently re-acquired my fantastic Singer sewing machine that I bought for my self in 1989... yep that long ago. I had sold it when I left the country and my wonderful aunt who bought it has given it back. I am in sewing heaven. Any way I can't find enough things to sew. I have gone crazy on pajamas. I am in the middle of a footie pj binge and I am soon moving on to cutie rainbow pjs for my 6.5 yr old. I am even going to attempt to draft a peter pan collar. (we will see how that goes)I have gone a little homemade crazy since I found Pinterest and now I am half way through a few too many projects... oops. Don't tell my husband. The crochet and knitting bug has hit kinda hard too. There are so many amazing projects on Pinterest. I can't stop looking. Its lucky I'm not a quilter because I would have projects planned for years. As it is I will be making pot holders, dish cloths, sugar cubes, bouncy balls, bunting, sidewalk chalk and Olympic Torch Cupcakes in the next few weeks. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Update 13/9/2012: I have made 5 pairs of different pj's. The Olympic Torch cupcakes worked out great. I am in the middle of some baby wash cloths using the dishcloth pattern and since this post I found a great recipe for bathtub finger paint which my kids are crazy for. I have made it 5 times now.

No comments:

Post a Comment